Let's talk about Depeche Mode Tribute Bands

Counterfeits... Artistes qui reprennent DM, artistes repris par DM, sorties de tributes, compos perso, liens...

Let's talk about Depeche Mode Tribute Bands

Messagepar Tonnystark » 05 Jan 2019, 15:30

What do you think of them? Have you seen any live? Anything you like or dislike about them?

I currently know of 4 active tribute bands so I'll describe them here:

STRANGELOVE - The Depeche Mode Experience (Los Angeles): I've known about these guys for a while and they are very excellent. They recently got a new frontman (Ultra Dave) who does a pretty good job of capturing Dave's movements and voice. Their Martin sings very well and I love how him and their Andy and Alan go the extra mile to look the part. I recently saw them and enjoyed the show a lot.

DEVOTIONAL - The Ultimate Depeche Mode Tribute (Los Angeles?): This band is led by Devotional Dave who was the former frontman of Strangelove. They do a pretty good http://movieseriesworld.com/ http://www.movieseriesworld.com/forums/index.php job of also capturing DM's essence. I think this Dave is on par with Strangelove's current Dave but Strangelove's Martin is much better.

BLASPHEMOUS RUMOURS: A Live Depeche Mode Tribute (Southern California): I am not really a fan of these guys. Their Dave is much weaker than the other ones and I feel like I can do a better Dave impression when singing in the shower. However, their Martin is really good and I would say on par with Strangelove's Martin.

FORCED TO MODE - The Devotional Tribute to Depeche Mode (Berlin): These guys are without a doubt the best tribute band that I have ever known about. They go all out with their shows and sometimes include more obscure songs like Dangerous and Told You So into their shows. Their Dave looks exactly how Dave looked in Devotional and his voice sounds exactly like his and performs a lot of the same mannerisms. Their Martin has the voice nailed but he doesn't make the effort to look like him lmao. I implore you to check them out on YouTube because their performances are amazing. Their official videos can be found on the YouTube channel "phonitor."

Are there any that I missed? If you knew about any of these, what do you think about them?
Dernière édition par Tonnystark le 14 Jan 2019, 08:45, édité 1 fois.
Tonnystark

Re: Let's talk about Depeche Mode Tribute Bands

Messagepar DMfanTrade » 05 Jan 2019, 19:20

ridiculous !
DMfanTrade

Messagepar NLMDA67 » 06 Jan 2019, 23:06

Never seen any. I've discovered Forced to Mode on Youtube and was really into it until my husband came and told me he was certain the voice was 100% computer falsified (like autotuned). Such a disappointment. What do you think?
Exciter Tour - 25/9/01 Galaxie Amnéville
Delta Machine Tour 02/2/14 Strasbourg
Spirit Tour - 27/6/17 Milan - 3/12/17 Paris Bercy - 7/7/18 Main Square

A venir : Milan 14 Juillet 2023 Carré Or Early enfin avec ma fille!

-Rêve de voir Soulsavers!-
NLMDA67

Messagepar yann72 » 25 Nov 2019, 16:19

DMfanTrade a écrit:ridiculous !

pas mieux! :D
yann72

Messagepar plim » 25 Nov 2019, 17:16

you forgot the incredible "milwaukee mode"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twSBwzKtsDA
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Bordeaux 05-07-93 | Paris 07-10-98 | Paris 10-10-01 | toulouse 03-02-06 / San Sebastian 22-07-06 | Paris 19-01-10 | Paris 29-01-14 |Paris 05-12-17 / Bordeaux 24-01-18| Bordeaux 04-07-23 / Paris 05-03-24 / Lisbonne 19-03-24
plim

Retourner vers Depeche Mode, reprises