Les Bains Douche, Paris, 29 September 1981 -FM-

1980 Tour - 1981 Tour - See You Tour - Broken Frame Tour - Construction Time Again Tour - Some Great Reward Tour

Les Bains Douche, Paris, 29 September 1981 -FM-

Messagepar DMFor_ever » 22 Nov 2013, 23:05

Depeche Mode
Bains Douche, Paris, France
1981-09-29
1981 Tour

CONTRAST CLAUSE: This is a fresh retransfer of the same source as this torrent: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=438320
This torrent sounds significantly clearer, with better frequency response and less hiss.

Complete FM broadcast
Lineage: FM -> cassette (master, unknown type) -> cassette (Fuji JP Is90) -> Sony TC-WE805S (no Dolby noise reduction) -> RCA to 3.5mm cable -> Tascam DR-2d (line-in at 85 percent, 24/48) -> normalized to -1.0dB and any DC offset removed using Audacity 2.0.5 -> WAV (32/48) -> FLAC level 8 (16/44) using foobar2000 v1.2.9, FLAC 1.3.0 64-bit, and Resampler (SoX), best quality
Generation: 1st
Transfer: ligushka
Cassette tape photos and auCDtectTaskManager log included

A very good sounding FM broadcast. The DJ, Bernard Lenoir, talks too much between the songs, but other than that it's a very nice recording. Clarity varies between songs, with some songs sounding more muffled than others. Overall though, the quality is very good.

I obtained a better, high-end tape deck a while ago and decided to re-transfer the two FM recordings I got from darkdevoted. I'm glad I did, because this new deck sounds significantly better than the old Onkyo I used. The recording is much clearer and there's less hiss. The difference is outstanding, and I am somewhat embarassed to have used such poor equipment for some of my previous transfers.

PREVIOUS VERSIONS:

My older transfer done in February 2013: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=438320
Nothing particularly wrong with it, but it sounds muffled, has worse frequency response and a moderate amount of noise compared to this fresh transfer.

fer101's transfer of this tape, which sounds significantly worse than this torrent and my previous transfer as well (no offense to Fernando of course!). I believe that transfer had excessive noise reduction applied to it. I applied no noise reduction to this transfer, as the hiss is pretty quiet and unobtrusive. I feel that even light noise reduction would detract from the sound, particularly of the drum machines.

I've also shared another FM version, but it sounded pretty bad and was likely high generation or suffered from a poor transfer. It has inferior frequency response and more noise, and is not as complete as this torrent's version (it was missing most of "Any Second Now" and the DJ intro).

This tape does not have the DJ outro, so I used the DJ outro from the other FM broadcast version mentioned above.

Many thanks to darkdevoted for generously shipping me this cassette.

Shared by ligushka on DIME November 20, 2013.

Track list:

01. [0:30] Intro
02. [3:12] Any Second Now
03. [3:32] Photographic
04. [3:00] Nodisco
05. [4:10] New Life
06. [3:28] Puppets
07. [3:53] Ice Machine
08. [4:11] Big Muff
09. [2:17] I Sometimes Wish I Was Dead
10. [3:12] Tora! Tora! Tora!
11. [3:42] Just Can't Get Enough
12. [2:34] Boys Say Go!
13. [2:49] What's Your Name?
14. [1:50] Encore
15. [3:14] Television Set
16. [0:34] Outro
Total time: 46:07

Line up:
Dave Gahan - lead vocals
Martin Gore - keyboards, backing vocals
Andrew Fletcher - keyboards, backing vocals
Vince Clarke - keyboards, backing vocals

All songs written by Vince Clarke, except for "Big Muff" and "Tora! Tora! Tora!" which were written by Martin L. Gore, and "Television Set" which was written by Jason Knott.

MP3 320 Mbit/s http://turbobit.net/6d6mfyvj8mwj.html

DMFor_ever

Retourner vers Lives Audio 81-85