Depeche Mode
Sleep Train Amphitheatre - Chula Vista, CA
September 22nd, 2013
"Delta Machine North American Tour"

"Delta Machines in The Sky"
DAUD
VG-

Lineage / Equipment:
Location: SEC 205 ROW A: 150' from left stack -> 4.5' h -> slave sound ultra stealth omni's -> custom bb
with no bass roll-off -> edirol r09 (24/48) -> pny 8gb sd - class 6 15 mb/s -> reader -> audition 3.0 -
slight level adjust (+1.0 dB l / -2.0 dB r) (no normalization) (de-clap process) -> har-bal 2.3 (slight eq
- expansion) -> audition 3.0 - dither to 16/44.1 -> cd wave editor (track split) -> tlh (flac level 8,
etc...) -> DIME -> you -> sense of enjoyment -> sharing is caring -> support the artist (yes) -XX
convert to mp3 (no!!!).
Taper: mixter_

Dedicated to:
My friends and partner who accompanied me on the 250 mile trek and who helped block in spite of
wanting to scream and shout.

The DIME Mode contributors over the years including but not limited to:
Vince, eldro101, elviz101, R.J., aluche99, robertmode and of course ligushka!!! Thank-you!

Setlist:
01. Welcome To My World (Extended Intro)
02. Angel
03. Walking In My Shoes
04. Precious
05. Black Celebration
06. Policy Of Truth
07. Should Be Higher
08. Barrel Of A Gun
09. The Child Inside
10. But Not Tonight (Acoustic)

11. Heaven
12. Soothe My Soul
13. A Pain That I'm Used To (Jacques Lu Cont's Remix)
14. A Question Of Time
15. Enjoy The Silence
16. Personal Jesus
17. 'Encore Break'
18. Home (Acoustic)
19. Halo (Goldfrapp Remix)
20. Just Can't Get Enough (Remix)
21. I Feel You
22. Never Let Me Down Again

02:04:00
All songs written by Martin L. Gore, except for "Should Be Higher" which was written by Dave Gahan and Kurt Uenala,
and "Just Can't Get Enough" which was written by Vince Clarke.

Personnel:
Dave Gahan: Lead Vocals
Martin L. Gore: '66 Fender Duo-Sonic, Les Paul Custom, Gretsch WF, Gretsch Anni, First Act Star, Synthesizers,
Vocals, Lead Vocals on 09, 10 and 18.
Andrew Fletcher: Keyboards, Synthesizers, Sunglasses ;-)

Peter Gordeno: Keyboards, Piano, Synthesizers, Backing Vocals
Christian Eigner: Drums, Percussion

Performance Notes:
Depeche Mode finally made their return to the San Diego suburb of Chula Vista. I held tickets for the then Cricket
Amphitheatre four years ago for the band's "Tour of The Universe". Sadly, the band was forced to cancel that show
due to Dave's vocal issues during that time. I'm happy to say that Dave's vocals are on solid footing this time
around. In fact, his rich baritone is deeper and more resonant than ever. The band played a solid two hour set
comprised of no less than six songs from their latest album. This may seem worrisome for longtime Mode fans. I can
assure you that there are plenty of "classics" in the set and a few nice surprises including a cool remix of "Just
Can't Get Enough". The band is playing full two-hour sets now instead of their usual hour forty five, so everyone
should be pretty happy. Still, not much pre "Black Celebration" material here. I could go into a long laundry list
of "I wish they had played..." I'll let you compile your own. I personally feel that most of the "Machine" tracks
sit nicely with the stuff from BC, Masses, Violator, SOFAD and Ultra. Nothing from "Exciter" or "Universe" here.
The entire performance was fantastic. Though Peter's backing vocals on "Home" seemed unnecessary. Martin once again
showcased his vast collection of vintage guitars. Standard U.S. Setlist 1.

Recording Notes:
The Good: A pretty solid pull from the "first row" of the second section to the extreme left. I had a direct line
to the left stack without much in front of me. That being said, the disabled person section in front of me was
exclusively occupied by abled-body citizens who took advantage of the additional space to dance around. This caused
minor instances of phasing at times. Vocals were extremely clear and in spite of the distance, the recording sounds
pretty direct and immediate.

The Bad: I had a mad clapper three people to my left. I did what I could to soften the peaks in Audition. Thankfully,
he didn't blow out my levels as he was far enough away. He can be heard mostly during AQOT, ETS, PJ and NLMDA. He
usually stops in the middle of the first verse and continues during the bridges. There is some background chatter
during TCI, "Heaven" and SMS. My blocker friend Tina can be heard telling one d-bag passerby who stopped to chat
with his drinking buddy to go! Well done!

The Ugly: I had a cacophony of three thirty-teens directly seated behind me. They hooped. They hollered. They sang
badly. I did what I could to make minor -2dB to -5dB adjustments to the loudest sections. Sorry about the volume
fluctuations during these segments. It's live and it is what it is. I tried to be judicious. Hence the VG-.

The Verdict: The venue produced a significant amount of bass. I decreased a fair amount of the rumble by setting a
50Hz trough in Har-Bal. I kept just enough to let Andy's synth bass lines maintain a fair amount of growl. Not a
lot of separation but a ton of Dynamic Range. Overall and all things considered, I'm very pleased with the sound
in spite of the audience participation. GET IT!

Highlights:
The slowburn Goldfrapp version of "Halo" complete with the orchestral treatments and the party remix of JCGE and
of course " Home". F*cking Awesome! I told my boss how great the show was and she decided to go to Staples tonite.
I picked up her shift.

Of Note:
My partner observed a Predator drone flying above during the performance. No doubt on its way to "protect" our
nation's border.
Please support the band by purchasing their new album "Delta Machine" or by going to see them on tour!
http://www.depechemode.com/
DMFor_ever

Re: Sleep Train Amphitheatre, Chula Vista, 22 September 2013

Messagepar chrismode » 01 Oct 2013, 07:57

merci
chrismode

Messagepar DMFor_ever » 01 Oct 2013, 08:11

FLAC pour ceux qui ne sont pas inscrits sur DIME http://turbobit.net/jg6cz27kc0cv.html

La version MP3 (320Mbit/s) http://turbobit.net/u5hx50u7yvr0.html
DMFor_ever

Messagepar GAHANMODE » 04 Oct 2013, 21:19

C'est marrant, les liens TURBOBIT ne fonctionnent plus et ne sont plus mis en page de la même façon.

On peut y remédier ?

Merci
GAHANMODE

Messagepar DMFor_ever » 05 Oct 2013, 12:36

C'est redevenu normal chez moi. Leur site a planté hier
DMFor_ever

Retourner vers Lives Audio 2013-2014